Drivers will operate a tractor-trailer combination or a truck to transport, based out of Edmonton, AB and deliver fuels, and / or lubricants. Required to load and unload truck. Drivers require a Class 1 drivers’ license. Drivers work in the cab of the truck while driving, and outside when needed to load or unload. They can encounter all kinds of road, weather and traffic conditions. Drivers generally work without direct supervision, although communication with dispatch must be maintained at scheduled intervals. The number of hours a driver may work in a given period is subject to regulation. Overtime and weekend work are common.
• Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and safety regulations
• Commitment to AFD Petroleum Ltd.’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Perform pre and post trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
• Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs and immigration and weights and dimensions
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
• Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Minor roadside repairs such as lights, loose fittings, airline repairs, etc.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
• Operate equipment such as truck mike phone to exchange necessary information with dispatch, managers, or other drivers.
• Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable provincial and federal regulations.
• Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, etc.
• Communicate effectively with the public, government officials, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form
• Placarding of units
• Loading and unloading of trucks
• Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
• Inspection of site tanks for damage or faulty equipment
• Provide feedback to Dispatcher regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
• Thorough washing of vehicle, inside and out
• Greasing of unit in between servicing as instructed by AFD
• Tire Chain maintenance, repair, installation and removal
• Complete and turn in all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, Driver daily logs, TDG documentation including fuel lading forms (declining balance), bills of lading, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
• Train others when required
• 5 year’ experience in a driver capacity
Class 1 License
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
Email your resume and cover letter to us using the below link, or use firstname.lastname@example.org.