The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive level administrative support to the Offices of the President and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and the Director of Organizational Improvement & Quality Assurance, through means of conducting research, preparing statistical reports and handling information requests. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Negotiate and manage timelines and expectations;
- Prepare, compose and edit a variety of presentations and or documents, including highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, presentations, contracts and proposals of exceptional quality, including those for board and executive audiences;
- Review and assess all incoming email and correspondence;
- Compose responses, forward to others to handle, or review with Executive;
- Manage telephone enquiries and provide general assistance as required;
- Review and assess all incoming requests for Executive’s approval: Contracts and Amendments, Expense Reports, Minutes;
- Collect background material for meetings;
- Organize on-site & off-site meetings and events;
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external parties, and managing these relationships in a professional manner that facilitates a positive corporate image in alignment with corporate values
- Compile monthly reporting on financial forecasting for President and CEO
- Expense reports: prepare, obtain approvals, submit
- Communicate department updates, activities and initiatives to the team as required
- Book executive travel and accommodation when required
- Book professional and personal appointments.
- Performing research and providing information and recommendations
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system
OTHER KEY SKILLS (or product knowledge)
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Conscientious self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment, needs a minimum of supervision, and is able to cope effectively under pressure with shifting priorities
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with the flexibility to work overtime as required
- Able to exercise discretion, judgment, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the business
- Demonstrated ability to perform maturely and professionally ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
- 3-5 years of experience in senior leadership or executive level support
- Experience in working with the major fuel providers considered an asset
- Highschool diploma is required
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or related education would be considered an asset
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office/field setting. There may be a need to attend to situations on work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Exposure to noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils may occur. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and listen.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some overtime and after hours’ work may be required.
Travel to various worksites and customer premises may be required.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
*Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent