Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada and Alaska. AFD Petroleum is looking for a Journeyman HET Truck and Transport mechanic, for a new facility. We value hard work, perseverance, and dedication and looking for people looking to grow!
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the HET Journeyman is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of our company fleet. The fleet consists of highway tractors, fuel b-trains, tridem fuel bodyjobs and quad fuel trailers. The Heavy-Duty Mechanic Journeyman will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs and report back to the shop foreman. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Trailer repair- PM’s, electrical work, brakes, suspension, product pump rebuild, general running repairs & hydraulics
- Tractor repair- PM’s electrical work, brakes, suspension, engine diagnostics, general running repairs & PTO
- Provide routine maintenance/service, CVIP’s, B620 inspections
- Repair and maintenance of fuel delivery equipment and fuel tank overfill systems
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required. Emissions experience is a bonus. Cummins based engines.
- Check all equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment. (If qualified)
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Accurate completion of work orders and time sheets.
- Instruct and assist apprentices.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Maintain a clean working environment and good housekeeping practices.
- Work away from home in other AFD branches at times if requested.
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Journeyman “Red Seal” status preferred
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail with good hand eye co-ordination.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and can reliably document failures and repairs.
- Exposure to noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils may occur.
- 1-5 years’ experience as a Journeyman Heavy-Duty Mechanic.
- Valid Class 1 or Class 3 Driver License – preferred but not required
- Valid CVIP license or the willing obtain within 3 months of hire
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some overtime and after hours’ work may be required. Once we are in the new facility the hours will change to 7 day a week coverage, 8 days on 6 days off 10-hour days will be the shift in the new facility. Hours to 7 am to 5:30pm or 8 am to 6:30pm to be determined
- Travel to various worksites and customer premises may be required.
- New facility is located within 2 kilometers from current facility in south east Edmonton (1444 78th Ave )
- New facility is outfitted with overhead cranes, smooth floor, well lit, well ventilated and a wash bay.
- Easy access to the Henday east, Sherwood park Freeway and the Whitemud
- Tractor and Trailer fleet average age is 2014. Peterbilt and Cummins is the preferred equipment
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however only those selected for and interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.