Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the HET Journeyman is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of our company fleet. The fleet consists of highway tractors, fuel b-trains, tridem fuel bodyjobs and quad fuel trailers. The Heavy-Duty Mechanic Journeyman will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs and report back to the shop foreman. Other duties may be assigned as required.
· Trailer repair- PM’s, electrical work, brakes, suspension, product pump rebuild, general running repairs & hydraulics
· Tractor repair- PM’s electrical work, brakes, suspension, engine diagnostics, general running repairs & PTO
· Provide routine maintenance/service, CVIP’s, B620 inspections
· Repair and maintenance of fuel delivery equipment and fuel tank overfill systems
· Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required. Emissions experience is a bonus. Cummins based engines.
· Check all equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
· Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
· Perform incidental welding operations on equipment. (If qualified)
· Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
· Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances.
· Accurate completion of work orders and time sheets.
· Instruct and assist apprentices.
· Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
· Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
· Maintain a clean working environment and good housekeeping practices.
· Work away from home in other AFD branches at times if requested.
· Other mechanical repair work as required
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however only those selected for and interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Apply via Indeed
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.