We are currently hiring for a Full Time Tri-Quad Company Driver to join our Whitehorse, YK team!
Applicant must live in Whitehorse or surrounding area
The Tri-Quad Driver will be responsible for operating a tractor-trailer combination to transport fuels to customer sites and AFD owned cardlocks and storage.
Your mission at AFD: Delivering superior customer service, combined with innovative equipment and technology. We will exceed our customers’ expectations thereby creating unique opportunities for our company.
- Oversee handling of loading and unloading fuel and fuel extraction and tank demobilization in a safe manner, applying safe practices, be compliant with applicable acts and safety regulations
- Perform pre and post trip inspections, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
- Perform wheel-to-wheel refueling of equipment from the fuel truck
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, weights and dimensions
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Emergency equipment is in good working order
- Minor roadside repairs such as lights, loose fittings, airline repairs, etc.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, etc. Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable provincial and federal regulations.
- Communicate effectively with the public, government officials, customers, and co-workers both verbally and written
- Placarding of units
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
- Inspection of site tanks for damage or faulty equipment
- Dispatcher regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, and/or delivery problems
- Thorough washing of vehicle, inside and out
- Greasing of unit in between servicing as instructed by AFD
- Tire chain maintenance, repair, installation, and removal
- Complete and scan in all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, Driver daily logs, TDG documentation including fuel lading forms (declining balance), FLHA’s bills of lading, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Willing to train others
- Medical benefits upon hire
- Competitive wages
- Educational assistance
- Boot allowance
- Paid orientation & training
- Professional development opportunities
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s Licence
- Clean 5-year driver’s abstract
- H2S Alive, First Aid and CFA – CPPI (Considered an asset)
- Minimum 2 years of Class 1 fuel hauling experience; willing to train successful candidate
- Positive attitude
- Experience with off road, mountain, and winter driving
- Follow safe practices set in place by customer and AFD facilities
- Basic knowledge of apps on the phone and e-logs
- Capable of performing minor maintenance and repairs on trucks if needed
- Ability to reset on the road if required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- All applicants will be required to pass a drug/alcohol test, criminal background check and 50lb fitness test
- Fast Card is an asset
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The selected candidate will regularly work in a field setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Exposure to noise, dust, odors, fumes, and oils may occur. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and listen.
AFD: Quality, Fuels & Lubricants
At AFD, our corporate culture reflects our ongoing commitment to both our customers and our people. We believe people are our greatest asset and as such, we promote a safe and friendly workplace, encouraging open communication, teamwork, and personal growth. Our team is essential for our success now and in the future.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent