The Heavy Duty Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of our company fleet. The Heavy Duty Mechanic will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs. Other duties may be assigned as required.
• Provide service company fleet.
• Provide routine maintenance as well as possible engine overhauls.
• Check all equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
• Diagnose defects in fleet.
• Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required.
• Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units.
• Perform incidental welding operations on equipment.
• Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
• Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
• Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
• Operate automotive servicing equipment.
• Installation of new and added-on equipment.
• Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
• Accurate completion of work orders and time sheets.
• Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
• Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
• Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
• Instruct apprentices.
• Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
• Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
• Other mechanical repair work as required.
• 3 – 5 years of direct work experience in a Heavy Duty Mechanic capacity
Journeyman HDM Certificate
CVIP License considered an asset
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.