« Back to job posts
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC SUPERVISOREdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum is looking for a Full Time Heavy Duty Mechanic Supervisor based out of our Edmonton, AB location.The HD Mechanic Supervisor is responsible to trouble shoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles/equipment and hand tools within the company’s fleet. Repairs shall be made in a safe, cost effective and time efficient manner. The HD Mechanic Supervisor must have practical knowledge of all types of machinery and tools and have solid judgment and a good understanding of the possible consequences of the work they perform.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, and schedule the activities of mechanics
- Ensure processes, policies, and procedures are being followed
- Work with mechanics to provide instruction regarding the repair and maintenance of equipment and scheduling personnel in the daily completion of preventative maintenance and major repair work
- Ensuring that all department records, maintenance logs, and files are current, complete, and accurate
- Assist in evaluating the company fleet, stock and supplies to ensure necessary resources are available, as well as keeping equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Diagnose equipment failures and make recommendations on repair options
- Conduct toolbox and monthly safety meetings
- Responsible for administrative duties in relation to operation of shop including purchasing, receiving, vehicle record maintenance, departmental billing, inventory control, safety checklists for equipment. Vendor association in terms of bidding and purchase of needed material.
- Make repair cost estimates on time and materials required to perform major repairs
- Perform routine maintenance and preventive care
- Approve purchases of repairs, equipment and tools within budgeted amounts items that are not required for a specific vehicle
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- Other assigned work as required
- 3+ years’ experience as a working Supervisor within an HD Mechanical shop environment
- Red Seal Journeyman HD Mechanic
- Advance knowledge and experience with but not limited to: hydraulic systems, gas engines, diesel engines, electrical systems, drive trains, various hand tools, and fuel engine maintenance and repair
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Superior time management and organizational skills in order to prioritize critical tasks in a high volume and busy environment
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs independently
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online