« Back to job posts
The Dispatcher is responsible for assigning trucks with deliveries for customers and their respective locations. They must communicate with the drivers by way of phone, computer and two-way radio. The Dispatcher must stay aware of road conditions, provide accurate and knowledgeable directions, and supply any needed assistance to the drivers in positive and professional manner. The Dispatcher is also responsible for keeping complete records of all necessary information.
- Organize and dispatch drivers
- Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific equipment requirements or requests for service
- Some on call 24/7 for driver re-direction due to unforeseen events.
- Effectively communicate any and all pertinent information to the customers and the drivers
- Record and maintain files and records of customer service requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information
- Keep current load chart for each unit by compartment for full loads of diesel and gas with maximum fill for each compartment.
- Ensure all paper work returned from the field is reviewed, completed and handed in to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Some on call 24/7 as emergency dispatch contact.
- Work with Manager and Mechanic’s to schedule maintenance and repairs on AFD equipment.
- Complete all tasks and interactions in a respectful and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Oilfield Dispatching
- Must have experience dealing directly with drivers
- Must have experience dealing directly with customers
- Bi-lingual and multi-lingualism shall be viewed as an asset
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations to drivers
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems. High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Capable of effective decision making, using critical thought processesWorking
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer, and peripherals
- Overtime and on call is required
- Some On call 24/7 as emergency dispatch
- Lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. may be required
- Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online