« Back to job posts
Heavy Duty MechanicEdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Red Seal) for our Edmonton, Alberta branch. Apprentices are welcome to apply.
Do you have the skills and enjoy working on a variety of task?
This position requires someone who can troubleshoot and perform any servicing required for all types of vehicles & equipment. You have the practical knowledge of machinery and how they perform. Customer service is the core of the position but this requires someone who can juggle multiple tasks at once. We can promise one thing, you won't be bored. We need someone who can work seamlessly with departments to service our customers. You love a day that flies by because you are so busy doing what you enjoy.
Here is what we need from you?
- You can diagnose equipment failures and make recommendations for repairs
- You can do routine maintenance and preventative care of equipment and tools in your sleep
- You are extremely detailed when it comes to completing maintenance logs, keeping files up to date and other records
- You pride yourself as being a team player and enjoy working with other mechanics and apprentices
- You have excellent time management and prioritization skills with a detail for attention
- You are able to work comfortably in a high volume & busy environment
- You have your Journeyman HDM Red Seal; 2nd to 4th year apprentices are welcome to apply
- Advanced experience with hydraulic and electrical systems, gas & diesel engines, drive trains and fuel engine maintenance and repair
- Able to weld both aluminum and steel aluminum would be an asset
- You are physically able to lift 50-70 lbs at any given time
Here is what is in it for you:
- A wage that is commensurate with skills and experience
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standard First Aid
- PSTS - Petroleum Safety Training System
- OSSA - Oilsands Safety Association Orientation
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- H2S Alive
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online