« Back to job posts
Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
AFD Petroleum is need of a Dispatcher.
The Dispatcher is responsible for assigning trucks with deliveries for customers and their respective locations. They must communicate with the drivers by way of phone, computer and two-way radio. The Dispatcher must stay aware of road conditions, provide accurate and knowledgeable directions, and supply any needed assistance to the drivers in positive and professional manner. The Dispatcher is also responsible for keeping complete records of all necessary information.
- Organize and dispatch drivers
- Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific equipment requirements or requests for service
- Some on call 24/7 for driver re-direction due to unforeseen events.
- Effectively communicate any and all pertinent information to the customers and the drivers
- Record and maintain files and records of customer service requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information
- Keep current load chart for each unit by compartment for full loads of diesel and gas with maximum fill for each compartment.
- Ensure all paper work returned from the field is reviewed, completed and handed in to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Some on call 24/7 as emergency dispatch contact.
- Work with Manager and Mechanic’s to schedule maintenance and repairs on AFD equipment.
- Complete all tasks and interactions in a respectful and professional manner.
- All other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Oilfield Dispatching
- You have excellent customer service experience and a positive attitude
- Your forte is your organizational skills & time management
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems. High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Able to work under pressure
- Capable of effective decision making, using critical thought processes
- Able to work overtime and weekends
- Some On call 24/7 as emergency dispatch
Here is what is in it for you:
- A wage that is commensurate with skills and experience
- Solid benefits plan
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it.
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application!
Please apply directly to this posting or submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online