« Back to job posts
Heavy Duty Mechanic SupervisorEdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic Supervisor (Red Seal) for our Edmonton, Alberta branch.
Do you have the skills and enjoy working on a variety of task?
The HD Mechanic Supervisor is responsible to trouble shoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles/equipment and hand tools within the company’s fleet. Repairs shall be made in a safe, cost effective and time efficient manner. The HD Mechanic Supervisor must have practical knowledge of all types of machinery and tools and have solid judgment and a good understanding of the possible consequences of the work they perform. Customer service is the core of the position but this requires someone who can juggle multiple tasks at once. We can promise one thing, you won't be bored. We need someone who can work seamlessly with departments to service our customers. You love a day that flies by because you are so busy doing what you enjoy.
Here is what we need from you?
- 3+ years' experience as a working Supervisor within a HD Mechanical shop environment; qualified Red Seal Journeyman HD Mechanic
- Supervise, co-ordinate, and schedule the activities of mechanics
- Ensure processes, policies, and procedures are being followed
- Work with mechanics to provide instruction regarding the repair and maintenance of equipment and scheduling personnel in the daily completion of preventative maintenance and major repair work
- Advance knowledge and experience with but not limited to: hydraulic systems, gas engines, electrical systems, drive trains, various hand tools, and fuel engine maintenance and repair
- Excellent computer experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word & Excel
- You have superior time management and organizational skills in order to prioritize critical tasks in a high volume and busy environment
- Extremely detailed when it comes ensuring that all department records, maintenance logs, and files are current, complete, and accurate
- You have experience with inventories, electronic maintenance software tracking and onboard telematics
- Assist in evaluating the company fleet, stock and supplies to ensure necessary resources are available, as well as keeping equipment downtime to a minimum
- You can diagnose mechanical problems or equipment failures and make recommendations on repair options and perform repairs independently
- Conduct toolbox and monthly safety meetings
- Responsible for administrative duties in relation to operation of shop including purchasing, receiving, vehicle record maintenance, departmental billing, inventory control, safety checklists for equipment; Vendor association in terms of bidding and purchase of needed material
- Make repair cost estimates on time and materials required to perform major repairs
- Perform routine maintenance and preventive care
- Approve purchases of repairs, equipment and tools within budgeted amounts items that are not required for a specific vehicle
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- You are physically able to life 50-70 lbs. at any given time
- You are able to adapt and problem solve on the fly
- Must be able to travel when needed, in Canada and the U.S.
- Other assigned work as required
Here is what is in it for you:
- A salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: email@example.com
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference will be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
- Standard First Aid
- PSTS - Petroleum Safety Training System
- OSSA - Oilsands Safety Association Orientation
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- H2S Alive
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online