« Back to job posts
Business System AdministratorEdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum is looking for a Business System Administrator for our Edmonton, Alberta branch.
Do you have the skills and enjoy working on a variety of task?
As the Business System Administrator you would be responsible for ensuring that all requests and calls, relating to business applications are dealt with in a professional and timely manner. This is a key interface role between IT and the end users and is responsible for controlling application security access, assisting with problem resolution and supporting implementation of upgrades & new system implementations. You are comfortable with conducting presentations.
Here is what we need from you?
- Support multiple business applications as required
- Manage the day to day security maintenance of user roles including creation of users, password resets, role changes, user amendments, etc., ensuring they are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner
- Log, monitor, implement and report on all requests by customers in relation to applications following incident and problem processes
- Provide support for development processes identifying the source, ongoing maintenance & integrity of the data
- Consult the organization to determine and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, and data access rules
- Provide a contact point for expert advice, provide telephone advise and offer assistance and guidance on the use of applications
- Ensure that all users are appropriately trained and where training issues occur, work to rectify them
- Advise on process and data support issues for any new project implementedSupport the implementation of new processes and applications into the live environment
- Configure the application to meet agreed business requirements, ensuring stakeholders are fully informed on the impact of potential changes
- Assist with the testing process and organizing UAT with users
- Use reporting tools to create, develop and maintain reports to monitor data quality and support the reporting needs of the business areas
- Support the implementation of upgrades/patches/maintenance/ development of applications and associated hardware, following the Change Management process
- Produce and maintain appropriate system admin procedure documentation relevant to the role
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and user groups where appropriate
- Work collaboratively to ensure that effective communication channels are established and maintained
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the position
Education & Additional skillsets that would be considered a strong asset:
- A strong knowledge of Sage Accpac / Sage 300 ERP is essential
- At least 3 years’ experience in a commercial environment working with an ERP System
- Good knowledge of Accounting principles & transaction flows
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be an effective team player
- Experience in developing and maintaining procedures appropriate for supporting a large number of processes in a complex environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows based applications
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential
- Crystal Report writing and/or Sage Intelligence Reporting would be an advantage
Here is what is in it for you:
- A salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some travel. We are located by a business bus route.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online