« Back to job posts
Global ControllerEdmonton, AB
AFD Petroleum is currently seeking a Global Controller for our Edmonton, Alberta head office.
The Global Controller is responsible for providing financial leadership and guidance to management and operational personnel within the organization. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Global Controller will also be responsible for ensuring that relevant internal policies are being followed and that financial and business processes are designed to be efficient.
You would be responsible for the financial, operational accounting, consolidation, budgeting and reporting for the company and establishing and monitoring internal controls. You could expect to be responsible for ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting guidelines and providing for a timely and accurate financial reporting (GAAP, Management, & Lender) process, and an efficient annual audit/review. As the Global Controller it is expected that you will play a key role in identifying areas for improving and standardization of the system adding value in the company’s ERP and accounting systems, including the current system and the development and implementation of any new systems.
What we need from you:
- Be a strong leader, coach, manage and hold team accountable for agreed upon results and develop team members through all levels of responsibility
- Work with Corporate Controllers in both Alaska and Texas
- You have critical and creative skills to assess existing processes and propose change where appropriate to improve control and/or efficiency
- Maintain an adequate system of internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected, and results are properly reported
- Be able to implement new systems/procedures/policies/month end routines to ensure financial statements are GAAP/IFRS compliant
- Lead continuous improvement of financial and operational reporting tools that give insight to the business performance
- Coordinate with our external auditors to ensure timely and accurate year end reporting
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of comprehensive reports including monthly statements of financial position and statements of profit/loss with analysis of financial data, working capital, cash balances and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations
- Analyze financial performance against key metrics and present pertinent financial highlights that will drive management decision making
- Meet all reporting deadlines with comprehensive, accurate, complete and responsive data as well as consolidate & combine financial statements
- Manage 13-week cash flow requirements
- Work closely with branch managers to analyze and compare budgets to actuals and develop appropriate analytical tools to help proactively drive business results and accountability
- Develop, prepare and analyze routine management reports for performance assessment and decision-making
- Ensure interbranch cost allocations are appropriately recorded and reported
- Ensure all income tax, fuel tax, sales tax, carbon tax, and source deduction are reconciled, reported properly, and paid by the due date in all tax jurisdictions
- Complete project work as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of seven years professional experience in accounting and finance managing a strong and diverse team, with preference given to experience with high volumes, multiple branches, and cross borders in the fluids management and transportation industry
- CPA required
- Strong cost accounting background
- Proficient with ERP systems, Sage 300/Octane/TMT experience a must
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy with all levels of employees
- Able to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines
Here is what is in it for you:
- A salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some travel. We are located by a business bus route.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online