AFD Petroleum LTD is an innovative, quality driven company with a proactive approach to business. Our offerings include an extensive line of quality products, technical support, oil requirement analysis and satellite monitoring, as well as custom tailored programs aimed at meeting the lubrication or fueling needs of our customers, regardless of the remoteness of the site. Our ability to address and overcome challenges has earned AFD Petroleum an excellent reputation in customer service making us leaders in the industry.
AFD Petroleum is currently looking for a Fuel Tax Accountant at our Edmonton, Alberta branch to aid in the success and growth of our company.
Do you have the skills and enjoy working on a variety of tasks?
As the Fuel Tax Accountant you would be responsible for completing AFD’s monthly, quarterly, and yearly fuel tax returns in a timely fashion, and keeping the company current with all changes to legislation and tax rates. You would also be responsible for ensuring that all customer exemption requirements are in place and properly updated in our SAGE ERP system.
Here is what we need from you:
• Gathering, compiling, and reconciling all data required to complete all fuel tax filings and refund requests; data mining, manipulation, and discrepancy investigation is required
• Processing return remittance payment requests and ensuring that refund claims are processed and accounted for in the general ledger
• Keeping company records up to date on current fuel tax rates for all jurisdictions, including Alberta, British Colombia, Yukon, NWT, Saskatchewan, Canada.
• Researching all applicable fuel tax changes and advising relevant departments on tax rate changes and requirements
• Reconciling all fuel tax related general ledger accounts and investigating discrepancies
• Responding to all fuel tax audit requests and information requests, including pulling purchase and sales data and physical records, as needed
• Keeping all customer accounts updated and current with all applicable tax exemption information and entering regional and product specific exceptions to customer accounts
• Conducting internal audits of exemption accuracy and validity
• Gathering, compiling, and reconciling data for monthly provincial PST returns and quarterly provincial Environmental Handling Fee (EHC) returns
• Other duties may include, but not be limited to, assisting the Billing Department with invoicing responsibilities and providing ongoing support at month end
• Assisting the Controller, Assistant Controller, Billing & Inventory Manager, and other internal accounting stakeholders with day to day operations and ad hoc reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related business degree
• 2+ years of full cycle accounting or tax-related experience
• Experience dealing with regulatory matters and investigations would be beneficial
• Sage 300 ERP experience is an asset
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
• Fuel industry experience is preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Office, and Word
Here is what is in it for you:
Competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience
Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
RRSP contribution matching
Discounts on fuel
An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: email@example.com
This position will primarily work in an office setting. We are located by a business bus route.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.