« Back to job posts
AFD Petroleum is looking for a safety conscious Dispatcher to join our Whitehorse team. The Dispatcher is responsible for assigning trucks with deliveries for customers and their respective locations. They must communicate with the drivers by way of phone, computer and two-way radio. The Dispatcher must stay aware of road conditions, provide accurate and knowledgeable directions, and supply any needed assistance to the drivers in positive and professional manner. You are also responsible for keeping complete records of all necessary information. This position is a Supervisory role in which you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring of your direct reports.
- Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific equipment requirements or requests for service
- Relay incoming work orders and customer locations to drivers by using telephone, computer, and/or two-way radio
- Stay aware of any traffic congestion, accidents, weather conditions, construction zones, and any other information that may affect the drivers’ route, timeline, or safety.
- While on shift, on call 24/7 for driver re-direction due to unforeseen events.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer service requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information
- Use of Fuel Pro to start sales orders for invoicing and truck replenishment as they are loaded (changes as required)
- Record dips for all trucks, Dawson City and Whitehorse yard tank as per assigned date and time.
- Complete accurate inventory and submit for input. Assist in resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Completed accurate load sheet for each load prior to loading that meets TDG regulations.
- Conditioner usage confirmation report – to be completed monthly
- Keep current load chart for each unit by compartment for full loads of diesel and gas with maximum fill for each compartment.
- Update dispatch guide with stock replenishment, sale order number, unit #, delivery date, driver and date ordered.
- Review all FLHA prior to handing them in for information accuracy.
- Update dispatch board to include current equipment #’s, drivers, badges and job assigned to each day of the week. Days off must also be marked.
- Schedule and approve vacation for all drivers. Drivers must be available during peak season.
- Pre-load or hold loads to be cost effective during price changes if possible
- Ensure drivers do not exceed hours of service. Book best units for task and/or plan for on road reset.
- Work with Manager and Mechanic’s to schedule maintenance and repairs on AFD equipment.
- Use both monitor web pages to ensure all customer needs are met and report all defective monitors so repairs can be addressed.
- Contact all customers before they run out of fuel, informing them we know of the status and when we will be arriving with the product. Document customer name, who you spoke with, time of call, along with a comment stating issue was predictable or unpredictable.
- Mentor and coach drivers to ensure proper procedures and practices are followed by being familiar with AFD Safety Manual.Host driver safety meetings monthly.
- Enforce company policies regarding paperwork, CPPI, TDG, OH&S and CVSA.
- Other duties as required.
What do we need from you?
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, tells us this is for you
- Clerical or customer service experience is an asset
- You are organized and you know how to bring chaos into order
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- You can deal with all kinds of driver personalities and find a win-win in most situations
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems. High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer, and peripherals
- Overtime and on call is required
- On call 24/7 as emergency dispatch
- Lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. may be required
Here is what is in it for you:
Competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience
Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
RRSP contribution matching
Discounts on fuel
An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online