« Back to job posts
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Journeyman)Whitehorse, YT
AFD Petroleum is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Red Seal) for our Whitehorse, YT branch.
Do you have the skills and enjoy working on a variety of task?
This position requires someone who can troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, perform any servicing required for all types of vehicles & equipment. You have the practical knowledge of machinery and how they perform. Customer service is the core of the position but this requires someone who can juggle multiple tasks at once. We can promise one thing, you won't be bored. We need someone who can work seamlessly with departments to service our customers. You love a day that flies by because you are so busy doing what you enjoy.
Here is what we need from you?
- You can diagnose equipment failures and make recommendations for repairs
- Must have Tri-Quad Experience; Super B, Body Job combination driving experience would be considered an asset
- Provide routine maintenance as well as possible engine overhauls
- You are extremely detailed when it comes to completing maintenance logs, keeping files up to date and other records
- Take pride in being a team player and enjoy working with other mechanics and apprentices
- You have excellent time management and prioritization skills with a detail for attention
- You are able to work comfortably in a high volume & busy environment
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required
- You have your Journeyman HDM Red Seal; 4th year apprentices are welcome to apply
- Advanced experience with hydraulic and electrical systems, gas & diesel engines, drive trains and fuel engine maintenance and repair
- Able to weld both aluminum and steel aluminum would be an asset
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- You are physically able to lift 50-70 lbs at any given time
- Extended hours and on call as required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Steel-toed safety boots are required
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
Here is what is in it for you:
- A wage that is commensurate with skills and experience
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume directly to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (fax: 780-438-5707)
- Standard First Aid
- PSTS - Petroleum Safety Training System
- OSSA - Oilsands Safety Association Orientation
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online