« Back to job posts
Branch ManagerMidland, TX
The Branch Manager is responsible for the management of operations and profitability of the Midland location. The Branch Manager is responsible for operational efficiency to ensure that budget targets are being met and that operations are being executed in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner. This includes working with executive management to develop monthly as well as annual and long-term business plans that address financial forecasting of projected revenues and capital expenditures, as well as operational issues contingent on meeting the company’s mission, goals, and objectives. Will develop marketing plans including pricing structure for commercial, industrial and lubricant sales. The Branch Manager is responsible for the P&L of his/her branch office to ensure budget targets are being met, and that assets, inventory, personnel, and services are all managed accurately and efficiently.
- Provide operational oversight of designated branch office including financial planning, human resources, company asset management/utilization, collaboration with the sales group, and profitability of the district under his/her area of responsibility.
- Establish the expectations and standards of quality for his/her branch with regard to customer service, operational readiness, and safety of operations
- Ensure all levels of company compliance are met for all Quality, Safety, Training, and Operational Objectives
- Provide corporate management with monthly forecasting of projected revenue and expenses
- Work with financial team to provide annual budget submittals and financial data analysis
- Conduct monthly and ongoing analysis of financial data to ensure sound financial management at his/her branch
- Work with management to develop an annual business plan for submittal for inclusion in the company’s overall business plan. Additionally, provides long-term business growth and expansion forecasting
- Coordinate the use of company resources, both personnel and equipment, to achieve maximum efficiency, profitability, and utilization of Company resources
- Ensure implementation of operational budgets are in accordance with established spending guidelines
- Sustain ongoing monitoring of fixed asset availability and determine need for additional purchases and submittal of capital expenditures (with management approval) to assure adequate operational capability is maintained at all times
- In conjunction with Sales and Management, support development of new product lines, departments and services
- Support sales and marketing strategies, including direct support when necessary
- Report sales, financial, and operational issues to corporate management on an on-going basis
- Maintain a high state of integrity and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Responsible for qualifying, hiring, placing, terminating, and supervising employees at his/her location (with HR support).
- Perform employee performance evaluations with field supervisors to be conducted on an annual or semi-annual basis
- Identify potential new account targets in the marketing department.
- Makes outbound calls / site visits to potential customers to build customer base.
- Assist in developing marketing strategy
- Addresses customer concerns in a professional, productive, and timely manner.
- Ensure customer needs are met and deliveries are made on time.
- Assist in hiring of dispatcher, drivers and mechanics
- Investigates and professionally resolves customer complaints or issues that may arise.
- Develop and implement distribution strategies, and other growth opportunities.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Complete other duties as necessary.
- Proven record of building a branch
- Must have senior contacts with all major oil companies
- Business degree or relevant experience in the fuel business
- 5 -10 years of direct work experience in a management capacity.
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to examine and review operations, form new policies, develops and implements new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Some travel will be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Able to conduct presentations, and meetings.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online