« Back to job posts
Area Manager - Fort McMurrayFort McMurray, AB
Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Safest Employers, AFD Petroleum is looking for an Area Manager for our Fort McMurray, Alberta branch.
The Area Manager – Ft. McMurray is a unique position. We are looking for someone who would be responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of the overall operation which includes staff and service administration. The Area Manager will effectively and efficiently manage the development and directions of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue and productivity.
The Area Manager would also be responsible for building the business as a salesperson by delivering prompt and professional service by addressing the need for petroleum storage solutions, Lubricants & Special Products to new and existing customers in Northern Alberta. The successful candidate will encompass a demonstrated ability to develop and execute sales strategies that are consistent with AFD’s goal to meet and exceed targets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, and direct the daily operations of the branch.
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Develop team to fulfill Client requirements
- Orientate each new hire on the basics of the facility and explain the training schedule
- Enforce all company policies and procedures
- Submit bi-weekly payroll info. (time cards, payroll changes, new hires and terminations) to Human Resources.
- Enforce progressive discipline policy with counselling sessions and written warnings when necessary.
- Conduct suspension and termination meetings when necessary
- Maintain various reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Review and maintain inventory procedures. Support Operations Supervisor / Dispatch with Fuel Inventory and work with Lube Dispatch for accurate Lube and Oil inventory.
- Maintain proper stocking and inventory procedures, ensure maintenance of these policies.
- Assist with, responding to maintenance needs, ensuring adequate coverage of shift schedules, perform fuel audits and respond to Client complaints.
- Provide feedback to Senior Management Team regarding customer opinions, usage trends, and other pertinent information.
- Maintain the building, equipment and property of the camp.
- Maintain a ready for duty status while on shift.
- Create incident reports in the event of an accident or near miss
- Recruit and train staff with assistance from Human Resources
- Monitor the performance and progress of staff;
- Promote / sell / secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
- Demonstrates products and services to existing / potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Supply management with verbal/written reports regarding customer needs, issues, interests, competitive activities, and the potential for new products and services
- Participate in trade shows and conventions
- Generate and qualify leads
- Source and develop client referrals
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Develop and provide presentations to current / potential clients on AFD's products and services
- Develop sales proposals; negotiate with clients
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- 8+ years direct work experience in a Management function
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and fuel transportation management.
- Direct knowledge safety processes and systems.
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers.
- Strong knowledge of documentation, with good writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and team building abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Minimum ten 8+ years sales experience, - generating new clients, cold calls, etc. (experience in the oil / fuel industry an asset)
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including business planning, growth strategies, distribution channel management, and account development
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Some travel will be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Exposure to a noisy environment and outside weather conditions.
- Overtime as required
Here is what is in it for you:
- A competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
- Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
- RRSP contribution matching
- Discounts on fuel
- An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application.
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online