Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Safest Employers, AFD Petroleum is searching for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our Edmonton, AB team. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of duties providing clerical and technical support in such areas as recruiting, hiring, backup payroll when needed and benefits administration. The main focus will be on a full-cycle recruiting process. The HR Coordinator will gather information on employee training, skills, wages, promotions and general work history. Other responsibilities will be keeping up to date and complete records and forms. The Human Resources Coordinator must perform a range of duties supporting managers, HR staff and employees. The duties consist of, recruiting, payroll data entry, policies, training, benefits, education and other HR programs. Ultimately, the main responsibility of the HR Coordinator is to ensure the company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline in the long term.
Here is what we need from you:
• Perform full recruitment services including job postings, sourcing, interviewing, and employee offers for entry level, professional and technical job openings.
• Assist hiring managers in developing and updating job descriptions and job specifications.
• Ensure the compatibility of applicants to job positions.
• Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to company career website as well as appropriate job boards etc.
• Screen candidates resumes and job applications.
• Schedule interviews with candidates and hiring manager(s).
• Send out offer letters, book pre-employment drug & alcohol testing, and run background checks for potential candidates.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
• Enter new hires in the system and maintain accurate, up to date and complete personnel records.
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
• Plan, organize and attend recruitment fairs as requested.
• Educate employees of benefits and assist HR, Advisor with benefits administration
• Work with HR team to provide resolutions to employee relation issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations)
• Develop and provide recommendations for policies and processes.
• Assist with data entry for Payroll reports as needed.
• Recommend, develop and maintain human resource databases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
• Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations while ensuring confidentiality.
• Keep accurate and complete records and forms of filed items.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
• Work with HR, Advisor to provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to career development, compensation, staffing initiatives, and performance management and employee relations.
• Other duties as required.
Preferred Requirements, Education and Experience:
• High school diploma, GED or other equivalent.
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management an asset.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in HR required.
• Must have previous experience with managing full-cycle recruitment.
• Demonstrated work knowledge of multiple human resource areas preferred.
• Data analysis skills required.
• Basic research skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Outstanding communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
• Presentation skills required.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• Computer literacy, including intermediate working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
• Excellent time and project management skills.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
• Motivated individual with proven initiative.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Overtime as required.
• Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
Here is what is in it for you:
A competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
RRSP contribution matching
Discounts on fuel
An exciting and challenging environment full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.