Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Safest Employers, AFD Petroleum is searching for an Office Manager to join the Mission, BC office. A bulk solutions and transport provider, AFD hauls fuel, lubricants and heating oil products to locations throughout Western and Northern Canada.
• Send GST breakdown reports to Adalyn Dairy, Dell’oca Farms, H Hans, Sunder Farm.
• Double check account charges from POS and file in customer folder.
• Post all customer payments and balance with merchant terminal and AFD Bank.
• Review Drivers Paperwork and balance all payments with customer invoices before it goes into billing.
• New Account Approvals & set-up
• Daily Bank Deposits.
• Provide Assistance with lubricant orders and cover phones if the other two girls are unavailable.
• Provide on-site technical assistance for computer related issues and ongoing system updates.
• Balance truck drivers paperwork on AFD Spreadsheet.
• Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of relevant units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives within assigned area of responsibility.
• Organize testing and terminal updates for Drivers TDG and WHMIS & Safety training
• All Communications with Suncor, Shell & Esso to ensure drivers maintain terminal access with their badges and trucks
• PD7A - Payroll Source Deductions Reporting and Payments
• Credit Card Reconciliation and make payments
• PST/Heating Oil Remittance
• GST Remittance
• SCTX Remittance
• Carbon Tax Remittance
• Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed.
Preferred Requirements, Education and Experience:
• Completion of post-secondary related program or relevant years of experience in administration in the fuel industry.
• Experience in working with the major fuel providers.
• Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, achievement and strategy oriented.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, sourcing methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills including writing and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, facts or opportunities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some overtime and after hours’ work may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office/field setting. There may be a need to attend to situations on work sites.
Here is what is in it for you!
A competitive salary that is commensurate with skills and experience (this is a salaried position)
Solid benefits plan that includes, life, dental, LTD, and extended health including vision
RRSP contribution matching
Discounts on fuel
An exciting and different culture full of great people who work hard and have a ton of laughs while doing it!
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application!
Please submit your resume to this site or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.