« Back to job posts
HSE CoordinatorMidland, TX
The HSE Coordinator will be responsible for the development, administration, and implementation of company wide occupational safety programs, and serve as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within all divisions and/or departments of AFD Petroleum (Texas) Inc. The HSE Coordinator will aid in planning, designing, developing and implementing departmental occupational safety programs. The HSE Coordinator will also be responsible for on-site visits and evaluations with the approval of the Branch Manager.
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of COR.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OH&S) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation, along with TDG, Fire Code, ULC etc.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all AFD Petroleum (Texas) Inc. employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for AFD supervisors/managers and field employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal
- Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to Head Office.
- Perform additional assignments as per Managers directive.
- Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate.
- Prepare and deliver Tool Box Safety talks, and other safety meetings with field employees.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs.
- Perform HSE audits and site inspections relative to the company's needs.
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Develop and implement safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in all areas of the company.
- Must successfully meet all DOT, and/or state or local requirements and or legislation for transporting, handling, and working with hazardous materials.
- Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues
- Three to five years’ experience in occupational health and safety in an Oilfield establishment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT regulations
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of the fuel transportation industry would be an asset.
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Physical fit, with the ability to lift 70lbs.
- Travel, on call and after hours as require.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online