« Back to job posts
Accounting ClerkMidland, TX
The Accounting Clerk will perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. The Accounting clerk will assist with billing, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, account statements and other financial statements
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Assist with AP
- Assist with AR
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems
- Performs billing duties including preparation of billing
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of billing invoices.
- Maintain appropriate files and documents
- Perform basic billing, collection and follow-up activities.
- Produce reports, letters, and other correspondence, as needed.
- Work closely with other Accounting Division members to maintain the integrity of all financial operations
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate billing policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- At least 3 - 5 years of billing, AR, & AP
- Working knowledge of billing procedures.
- Bookkeeping experience preferred
- Related education a plus
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet work requirements within established timelines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suites, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Outlook and automated accounting software packages
- Must possess extensive knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and accounting practices, as well as their application to a system of general accounts
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must have experience in handling and balancing high volumes of cash and maintenance of related accounting records.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online