Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The responsibilities of a Dispatcher are to coordinate fuel deliveries to job sites and use both monitor web pages to ensure all customer needs are met in a timely manner.
• Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific equipment requirements or requests for service
• Relay incoming work orders and customer locations to drivers by using telephone, computer, and/or two-way radio
• Stay aware of any traffic congestion, accidents, weather conditions, construction zones, and any other information that may affect the drivers’ route, timeline, or safety.
• While on shift, on call 24/7 for driver re-direction due to unforeseen events.
• Record and maintain files and records of customer service requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information
• Use of Fuel Pro to start sales orders for invoicing and truck replenishment as they are loaded (changes as required)
• Record dips for all trucks, Dawson City and Whitehorse yard tank as per assigned date and time.
• Complete accurate inventory and submit for input. Assist in resolving inventory discrepancies.
• Completed accurate load sheet for each load prior to loading that meets TDG regulations.
• Conditioner usage confirmation report – to be completed monthly
• Keep current load chart for each unit by compartment for full loads of diesel and gas with maximum fill for each compartment.
• Update dispatch guide with stock replenishment, sale order number, unit #, delivery date, driver and date ordered.
• Review all FLHA prior to handing them in for information accuracy.
• Update dispatch board to include current equipment #’s, drivers, badges and job assigned to each day of the week. Days off must also be marked.
• Pre-load or hold loads to be cost effective during price changes if possible
• Ensure drivers do not exceed hours of service. Book best units for task and/or plan for on road reset.
• Use both monitor web pages to ensure all customer needs are met and report all defective monitors so repairs can be addressed.
• Contact all customers before they run out of fuel, informing them we know of the status and when we will be arriving with the product.
• Host driver safety meetings monthly.
• Enforce company policies regarding paperwork, CPPI, TDG, OH&S and CVSA.
• Other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
• Clerical or customer service experience is an asset
• High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.