Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Senior Supply Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing fuel supply strategies that positively affect supply, revenue and profitability. The Senior Supply Coordinator forms productive and sustainable relationships all AFD Branch’s as well as key supply vendors and should have a strong understanding of terminals and supply points of the Western Market.
• Select transportation types and routes to maximize economy and efficiency.
• Conduct market research and analysis and provide market updates to the management group.
• Support management team in assigned regions as necessary.
• Contribute the creation of the Company’s annual budget process.
• Efficiently and proactively monitor the supply activities of the Company; make recommendations as required.
• Create and monitor fuel volume forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on the Company’s activities.
• Manage / coordinate the sales and operations planning fuel supply elements including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and timely delivery.
• Establish and foster relationships with major / minor suppliers in order to provide the Company with product needed to fulfill our customer’s requirements.
• Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or principal logistics providers.
• Accurately report on the status of programs which are within areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
• Provide support to any number of projects from a supply, operational, financial and resource perspective.
• Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of relevant units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives within assigned area of responsibility.
• Remain current with external and internal developments in the industry for identifying new market segments.
• Plan and supervise all assigned work unit activities through managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit, within assigned area of responsibility.
• Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve supply and principal logistics issues.
• Identifies and analyzes information to give early warnings of potential problems and recommends corrective action.
• Collaborate with necessary Company departments to provide reporting content to appropriate government agencies.
• Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed.
Other Skills and Attributes
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, sourcing methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills including writing and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
• Post-Secondary Education
• Experience in working with the major fuel providers
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.