Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Shop Foreman is responsible for day to day operations in the fabrication facility. This includes accountability for all equipment, inventory related to tank and lube system, construction, repair and installation. The Petroleum Systems Shop Foreman, using strong leadership and decision-making skills, will lead the team to meet their full potential through coaching and mentoring.
• Manage staff and assign duties efficiently to maximize production and staff cross training
• Responsible for completing PO#’s and ensuring all paperwork and documents are coded to the correct areas
• Responsible for overall preventative tank maintenance including:
-control systems including electronic registers and ATC
-cardlock systems and components
-pumps, dispensers and transfer systems
-storage products and related devices
-filtration and quality control
• Resolve Client complaints on site by completing repairs/ maintenance or scheduling service calls
• Respond to emergency mechanical issues in the field
• Provide technical recommendations or solutions to challenges in the field
• Oversee employee schedules to maximize workload distribution
• Maintain proper stocking and inventory procedures for parts and tanks, ensure maintenance of these policies
• Train employees on the importance of safe work practices including proper use of equipment, cleaning guidelines and WHMIS procedures
• Assist with responding to maintenance needs, ensuring adequate coverage of shift schedules
• Provide feedback to Petroleum Systems Manager regarding customer opinions, usage trends, and other pertinent information
• Maintain the building, equipment and property of the facility
• Lead and/or attend weekly safety meetings
3-5 years with Shop Foreman Experience
Experience in working with the major fuel providers an asset
High school diploma
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.