Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The IT Manager is responsible for maintaining information technology strategies by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic solutions. The IT Manager is protecting their organization’s IT systems from information leaks, malware, spyware and any similar problem which may come up.
• Plan, develop and manage all IT services, programs and support throughout the company.
• Responsible for direct raports by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
• Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
• Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user project
• Oversee projects for IT-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provisions of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action
• Run weekly reports for Senior management meeting (Project status updates and helpdesk KPI’s)
• Run weekly IT meeting (Helpdesk KPI’s and Information sharing)
• Setup robust staff training and onboarding for all IT systems. Develop IT trainers in all departments
• Act as liaison between IT staff and Directors, understanding the needs of both
• Continually review department processes to help identify efficiencies
• Inspire other departments on innovation and new tech to help push AFD forward with efficiency in tech.
• Liaise with Octane for regular utilization of local Octane staff to assist with training and documentation to help lighten the load of Senior Business Analyst and the team
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a related field such as information science
A master’s degree in the field as well, or an MBA (Master of Business Administration), would be considered an asset
5 to 10 years’ experience in Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Staffing, Problem Solving, Data Center Management, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.