Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk is directly responsible for the data entry of all accounts payable. The AP Clerk must ensure that all company bills are paid accurately and timely. Ensuring all vendor monthly statements are reconciled. This position involves diplomatic interaction with internal and external customers to provide information and support.
• Organize incoming invoices and statements - disbursement of the daily mail, date stamp and requests of internal approval (includes photocopying, email/faxing of invoices and support documentation to obtain the proper approval)
• Ensuring the day’s activities are completed to accommodate scheduled payment runs and deadline are met – monthly calendar cut off dates, etc.
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies / inquiries.
• Maintain monthly vendor statement reconciliation – trace missing invoices. (Communicate verbally or in writing to vendors or company
personnel regarding missing documents, account changes)
• Ensure month end is closed within specified time frame.
• Provide assistance and support to other team members to ensure the smooth functioning of the department to meet all deadlines
• Timely responses to all internal and vendor inquiries – vendor payment/employee expense inquiries
• Ensure all valid invoices and expenses are processed accurately -match PO’s, confirm price and quantity on vendor invoices, accurate coding and approval
• Follow up on open purchase orders and receipts
• Assist with all data entry.
• Post daily AP invoice.
• Set up vendor accounts, maintain vendor files/accounts
• Prepare and fill out charge back requests – providing accurate coding, approval and supporting documentation
• Deal with cheque requests
• Documentation of procedures and policies for the AP department
• Other duties/ projects as assigned
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
1 or more years in an accounts payable related position
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.