Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
An executive assistant serves as an assistant to one or more of the executive officers of an organization or company, such as the president, or members of the executive team. The executive assistant completes a variety of tasks that executives may not have time to do; which may include setting up large meetings or conference calls, managing the schedule and calendar of the executive, and screening and taking calls for the executive. In many cases, this individual's work may also include handling sensitive or confidential information.
• Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
• Completing a broad variety of tasks for the President, Operations, including managing extremely active calendars and preparing confidential correspondence
• Responsible for scheduling appointments, organizing in-person meetings and e-meetings using appropriate technology
• Uses appropriate software programs to transmit meeting materials to all meeting attendees in accordance with agreed-upon timelines
• Takes and prepares minutes of required meetings and assists in monitoring the status of action items
• Screens telephone calls and responds to routine and moderately complex inquiries.
• Responsible for editing reports and presentations in a timely manner with high attention to detail
• Supports various projects such as business process improvement initiatives, event planning, and office relocations while collaborating with staff both within the team and across the impacted business units, to achieve the desired business outcomes.
• Assist with media requests, client & community inquiries and facilitate their needs with relative independence
• Provide support for meetings and travel as required
• Logs, verifies, and monitors expenses and develops and maintains an efficient filing system to ensure reports, correspondence and financial documentation are maintained and readily available.
• Establishes and maintains organized electronic filing systems to ensure that business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
• Research details and provide information to president and executive team as requested and directed
• Handles issues expeditiously and proactively and follows through on key tasks to ensure successful completion
• Post-secondary Diploma is preferred.
• 2 or more years of Executive Assistant experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience and understanding of oil and gas industry and fuel distribution is preferred.
• Resilient and adaptable to change and able to improvise and work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
• Strong collaborative and problem-solving skills.
• Results-oriented and focused on achieving goals and has accountability for expected results
• Demonstrates sound judgment; handles sensitive and confidential information in a timely manner.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous and detailed tasks.
• Will be required to demonstrate strong editing and proofing abilities.
• Available and dependable to be on-call and accessible evenings and weekends as required
Required Education and Experience
Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration
Three to five years of experience in a Executive Administrative Environment
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.