Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Area Manager is responsible for the managing and handling of all the warehousing and distribution functions of the Vancouver Island operations including an office and cardlock located in Victoria, BC, in coordination with our Head Office.
• Plan, and direct the daily operations of the branch.
•Partner with the Regional Manager on Business Development for the branch.
• Manage staff and assign duties
• Study trends to determine Client demand, potential increase in volumes
• Develop team to fulfill Client requirements
• Resolve Client complaints
• Dispatch fuel trucks
• Enforce all company policies and procedures
• Create and maintain employee schedules
• Submit bi-weekly payroll info. (time cards, payroll changes, new hires and terminations) to Human Resources.
• Enforce progressive discipline policy with counselling sessions and written warnings when necessary.
• Review and maintain inventory procedures. Responsible for Fuel Inventory and assist with Lube and Oil inventory.
• Maintain proper stocking and inventory procedures, ensure maintenance of these policies.
• Train employees on the importance of safe work practices including proper use of equipment, cleaning guidelines and WHMIS procedures
• Assist with, responding to maintenance needs, ensuring adequate coverage of shift schedules, perform fuel audits and respond to Client complaints.
• Comply with all HSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Respond to and deal with customer communications including, email, fax, and telephone.
• Lead and/or attend weekly safety meetings
• Create incident reports in the event of an accident or near miss
• Recruit and train staff with assistance from Human Resources
• Monitor the performance and progress of staff;
• Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
• 3 - 5 years of direct work experience in a Supervisory / Management function
• Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
• Business Development Experience considered an asset
Relevant Post Secondary
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.