Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Lubricant Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing and growing the lubricants department, by creating business partnerships and performing business development.
• Source and develop products
• Negotiate purchasing & vendor prices
• Control Costs through productivity of resources, efficient utilization of storage space and efficient shipment of product in a cost-effective manner
• Analyze information for forecasting of inventory and supply chain requirements
• Identify trends and purchase container, product inventory accordingly
• Respond to and deal with customer communications including, email, fax, walk-in customers and telephone;
• Provide quote information for business development
• Set-up pricing in Octane, reviewing on an ongoing basis
• Attend Trade Shows as required
• Remain knowledgeable on the current Lubricant trend and ever-changing certifications and properties
• Arrange for failure analysis investigations and providing a report containing root cause, corrective action, prevention methods.
• Manage and maintain quality control in the lubricant section
• Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules and product availability.
• Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment in the lubricant department.
OTHER KEY SKILLS (or product knowledge)
• Related work experience, with a focus on manufacturing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
• Direct working knowledge of operations and transportation management.
• Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI) may be required.
• Strong knowledge of SCM systems, as well as Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• 3 - 5 years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function or supply chain management position.
High school diploma
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.