Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Fuel Driver is responsible for delivering fuel within the Edmonton Area. This position consists of:
Highway driver over night work (sleeping in the bunk required while on shift)
Base Pay$30-32/hour + OT effective after 10 hours a day or 50hours a week in Alberta
Orientation and training provided at working rate of $30-32/hour
Dedicated highway bunk trucks
Shift: 70/36 cycle
Benefits after 3 months
Full uniform and boot reimbursement program
• Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and safety regulations
• Perform pre and post trip inspections on equipment operated and load
• Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs and immigration and weights and dimensions
• Record and maintain required documentation including driver e-logbook, bills of lading, etc.
• Loading and unloading of trucks
• Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
• Inspection of site tanks for damage or faulty equipment
• Provide feedback to Dispatch regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
• Thorough washing of vehicle, inside and out
• Greasing of unit in between servicing as instructed by AFD
• Complete and turn in all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, Driver daily logs, TDG documentation including: fuel lading forms(declining balance), bills of lading, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
3 years minimum fuel hauling experience required
High School Diploma or Equivalent
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.