Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Billing Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties for invoice preparation. This includes assisting with the review and processing of the invoices the company will be processing centrally. Other duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records.
• Receive paperwork from dispatch and vendors and distribute to correct departments or process as required.
• Compile data, confirm rates and quantities, and prepare invoices for billing purposes.
• Process inventory receipts, inventory transfers, and reconciliations.
• Compile data supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of product ordered.
• Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered.
• Audit billing before release to ensure charges are correct and billed to the proper accounts and locations.
• Comply with billing and accounting deadlines.
• Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies.
• Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other internal stakeholders.
• Send out invoices to customers via chosen method.
• Filing invoices, trips, and any other paperwork.
• Backup for reception as required.
• Manage shared inbox and distribute information and documents as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Post Secondary Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred.
• Proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to maintain accuracy while maintaining a fast, steady work pace is essential.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Good hearing required for extensive telephone use.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Overtime as required.
• Office is located near a bus route that only operates during peak hours.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.