Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
We offer our team members competitive wages, paid training programs and educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
The Petroleum Systems Manager is responsible for the equipment inventory and the distribution of tanks to our customers, in coordination with our Head Office. This includes accountability for all equipment related to tank set up, repair and installation. The Petroleum Systems Manager, using strong leadership and decision-making skills, will lead the team to meet their full potential through coaching and mentoring. The Petroleum Systems Manager will actively pursue new customers, meanwhile building strong working relationships in order to grow our business. Being a creative and innovative thinker, the Petroleum Systems Manager is also responsible for increasing profitability in the day to day operations of the branch
• Plan, and direct the overall operations of the branch.
• Manage branch cost effectively, utilizing all resources to full potential
• Manage staff and assign duties
• Work with Human Resources to resolve hiring, payroll or disciplinary issues
• Oversee preventative tank maintenance
• Study trends to determine Client demand, potential increase in volumes
• Develop team to fulfill Client requirements
• Resolve Client complaints
• Insure completion of orientation with each new hire
• Enforce all company policies and procedures
• Submit bi-weekly payroll info. (time cards, payroll changes, new hires and terminations) to Human Resources.
• Enforce progressive discipline policy with counselling sessions and written warnings when necessary.
• Conduct suspension and termination meetings when necessary
• Maintain various reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Keep lines of communication opened between Head Office and branch
• Review and maintain inventory procedures. Insure inventory is taken and all data submitted on time to Head Office.
• Maintain proper stocking and inventory procedures for parts and tanks, ensure maintenance of these policies.
• Efficient deployment of Capital Budget
• Coordinate tank moves
• Train employees on the importance of safe work practices including proper use of equipment, cleaning guidelines and WHMIS procedures
• Assist with, responding to maintenance needs, ensuring adequate coverage of shift schedules, and respond to Client complaints.
• Provide friendly and efficient customer service.
• Provide feedback to the COO regarding customer opinions, usage trends, and other pertinent information.
• Maintenance of company vehicles within branch.
• Follow all regulatory requirements from all governing legislation.
• Comply with all HSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Respond to and deal with customer communications including, email, fax, and telephone.
• Lead and/or attend weekly safety meetings
• Create incident reports in the event of an accident or near miss
• Recruit and train staff with assistance from Human Resources
• Monitor the performance and progress of staff;
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce
• Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
• Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
Diploma in related program considered an asset
5 years of direct work experience in a Management function
Fuel experience considered a strong asset
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.