« Back to job posts
Diesel MechanicMidland, TX
AFD Petroleum is looking for a Full Time Diesel Mechanic.
- Provide routine maintenance as well as possible engine overhauls.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Diagnose defects in fleet.
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required.
- Trouble shoot, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles/equipment
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Ensure all records, maintenance logs, and files are current, complete and accurate
- Assist in evaluating the company fleet, stock and supplies to ensure necessary resources are available, as well as keeping equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Diagnose equipment failures and make recommendations on repair options
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Other assigned work as required
- Diesel Certification preferred
- 4+ years experience
- Advance knowledge and experience, but not limited to: hydraulic systems, gas engines, diesel engines, electrical systems, drive trains, various hand tools, and fuel engine maintenance and repair
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Superior time management and organizational skills in order to prioritize critical tasks in a high volume and busy environment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs independently.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online