The Sales Representative is responsible for generating business opportunities to new /existing customers within the fuel, lubricants and storage businesses within their stated regional areas. With a focus of sales and margin growth, following both freight and tank guidelines within a corporate structure.
Promote and sell a diversified variety of fuel, lubricants and storage solutions throughout Canada that is targeted, budgeted and measured.
• Establish and maintain regional account sales, to include corporate and noncorporate accounts
• Relationship building with new and existing customers
• Create and update ongoing customer listings
• Research and communicate new customer opportunities within the region and share with Corporate Account Manager when applicable
• Communicate and mentor noncorporate customer leads as appropriate to the regions
• Work with other branches and business leaders to assure congruence with corporate sales operations
• Manage and work closely with both CSR and dispatch to coordinate new accounts and delivery requirements.
• Follow set procedure and guidelines for new customer forms, exemptions, accounting and ship to’s
• Work closely with tank division to provide positive margin on sales, rentals and related fuel management
• Responsible for customer pricing and services are met and delivered in timely manner
• Work closely with CSR/Dispatch to maximize freight profitability on corporate accounts
• Assist in the creation of a customer value file program
• Maintain high level of customer service
• Assist account receivables when required in reconciliation of timely corporate accounts
• Maintain and account for CRM documentation
• Create and maintain price structure for noncorporate accounts
• Develop and maintain Indigenous relations when necessary and in conjunction with Corporate Account Manager
• Maintain current knowledge of competitor and industry activity to capitalize on market trends
• Establish and maintain relationships with existing and prospective contract, national, program and/or large-scale project customers
• Assist when required the marketing of brand and services to customers
• Identify and participate in corporate tradeshows as required
• Perform and manage sales activities in a professional and proactive manner, while maintaining a Business Code of Ethics and meeting or exceeding targets
• Create detailed business plans in conjunction with Business Development Manager
• Maintain and adjust budgeted revenue expectations.
• Complete various sales reports.
• Manage corporate customer bidding requirements
• Liaison with customer from start to finish of implementation
• Liaison with sales team regarding corporate customers
• Ensure compliance with AFD’s standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery.
OTHER KEY SKILLS (or product knowledge)
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
• Knowledge of fuel retail market
• Familiarity with rural North America
• 2-3 years in direct sales experience
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial values and experience, fuel experience considered an asset
Post-Secondary education in Business, Marketing, or related field
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.