The HSE Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing development, administration, and implementation of companywide occupational safety programs. This will include assessment and implementation of absent programs and the continued oversight and administration of existing HSE programs. This position will interface with all departments to ensure existing processes and special projects are in compliance with all Federal, Provincial, and Local regulations. The HSE Manager implements and maintains an environmental health and safety program involving hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
-maintenance of all HSE records and files
- Assist with workplace investigation documentation
-Through the data entered, generates spreadsheets and metrics demonstrating safety initiative (their progress and/or failure)
-Compile reports as requested
- Must take minutes for meetings and forward the information to the appropriate parties as needed
-Must ensure that research on Health and safety topics is completed as per requests by the HSE Manager.
- Responsible for organizing and delivering safety orientations and in-house safety training.
- Book company required external training for all employees (outsourcing for other branches as required).
-Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for AFD supervisors and field employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
-Advise on external training based on quality and price
-Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OH&S) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation, along with TDG, Fire Code, ULC etc.
-Maintenance of COR in Alberta, British Columbia, and the Yukon.
-Ensure job site safety compliance is completed through inspections, hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
-Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all AFD Petroleum Ltd. employees and subcontractors.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.
- Complete facility inspections
- Must ensure that any new legislative requirements are processed and that the HSE Manager is informed as soon as possible of any changes.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
-Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to Head Office
-Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs
-Implement corrective actions and advise Management on preventative measures
OTHER KEY SKILLS (or product knowledge)
Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required. Working knowledge of ISNetworld, CanQUAL, Complyworks is considered an asset.
• 5 years’ experience in the Health & Safety field required
• Experience in working with the major fuel providers considered an asset
• Experience in transport considered an asset
-Occupational Health & Safety certificate
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.