The Fleet Coordinator will be the first point of contact for our customers, providing them with professional and courteous service regarding general inquiries, complaints, and other activities involved in managing the relationship with our customers. Excellent customer service skills are a must. This individual will be highly organized and able to work with a variety of departments in order to fulfil the job requirements. The Fleet Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of duties including, supervising the drivers and warehouse personnel, in addition to more complex functions and services, such as, dispatching, processing of Oil / Lubricant orders for our Customers and the loading of trucks with correct lubricant products. Other responsibilities will include the handling of all warehousing and distribution functions within the branch. Inventory taking, replenishment and reporting are also a top priority.
• Dispatch in and out of town deliveries
o Victoria and Vancouver Island area
• Dispatch loads coming from alternate supply points to the Island
o Work with Edmonton dispatch and third-party carriers to insure consistent and efficient fuel supply to the Island.
• Supervise drivers and review driver’s paperwork.
o All paper work including refinery tickets, F/L and AFD paper work to be confirmed daily and initialed or signed off kept as a package for billing purposes.
• Perform required reporting of driver’s paperwork.
• Filing paperwork daily.
o All load information needs to be completed the day before load and a package made up for the driver. This paper work could be emailed in for someone to place in drivers bin before the end of the day.
• Fuel inventory and inventory counts.
• Works with Transport division on truck repair and maintenance functions.
o Schedules repairs and inspections around customer needs and driver schedules.
• Lubricant sales, delivery as needed, inventory and inventory counts.
• Load Lubricants for customers in warehouse.
• Assist in answering phone calls and customer service duties.
• Assist in fuel forecasting and quoting with direction.
• Operate forklift
• Close office at the end of the day.
• Keep work environment clean and safe for you and AFD employees.
• To manage cardlock functions including inventory, reconciliations and repair and maintenance.
• To be on call when requested for afterhours calls and cardlock service.
• General customer relations in all areas.
OTHER KEY SKILLS (or product knowledge)
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
• 2-3 years of direct work experience in a dispatch administrative capacity
• Experience in working with the major fuel providers.
Post-Secondary education considered an asset
High school diploma
Supervise all office and retail staff.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.