The Regional Manager of Branch Operations for Alberta and Northern BC will be responsible for contributing to the successful operation of AFD Petroleum Ltd. and providing regular reports on the branches’ progress to both the President and senior management team. The scope of the Regional Operations’ Manager duties will be focused on overseeing functions of specific operating units as well as facilitating collaboration between the various operating and support functions in the organization. This position will be based out of Edmonton, AB.
• Provide proactive leadership with respect to budget management, financial reporting, people management, safety compliance, and operational excellence.
• Implement corporate policies, procedures, and organizational structure for assigned operating units.
• Provide support to any number of projects from an operational, supply, financial and resource standpoint.
• Position has primary profit/loss responsibility for operational units.
• Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance of, operational units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
• Responsible for all sales initiatives/activities in the assigned areas. Constant creation of business; opportunities, placing AFD in the best position to retain any outcome whether it is positive or negative. This role will be accountable of all sales decisions made in the assigned area.
• Assist in the organization’s budget process; establishes timelines; provides support to branch management team. Oversee capital and maintenance projects to ensure that they are completed within budget and on schedule
• Prepare branch, corporate cardlock and site project business plans including ongoing monitoring thereof.
• Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned work unit activities through reporting managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
• Provide advice, guidance, and direction to reporting managers toward their professional development.
• Coordinate and confer with staff to resolve operating problems and difficulties, and authorize department operational procedures within corporate framework.
• Direct all reporting managers towards collaboration with the various support functions in the organization.
• Coordinates with the President and senior management to monitor the operational activities of AFD Petroleum Ltd.
• Identifies and analyzes information to give early warnings of potential problems and recommends corrective action.
• Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the President/CEO.
• Ensure appropriate operational staffing levels to meet requirements of the branch, including recommendations of increasing or decreasing of staffing levels with hiring, terminations and performance management responsibility.
• Conduct fleet management on branch allocated company vehicles as necessary. Ensure all equipment is being utilized to the best of its abilities; including lease operators, with priority given to AFD owned equipment.
• Ensure all Drivers and Equipment stay in compliance with the National Safety Code as well as, BC Transportation Departments.
• Coordinate building repairs / maintenance.
• Ensure Tank Monitor web site and inventory documents are up to date with current customer / tank information.
• Post-secondary education with a focus in business management is preferred
• A minimum of at least seven to ten years previous and related experience in the oil and gas industry along with operations management experience will be considered an asset.
Branch Operations in Alberta and Northern BC
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.