« Back to job posts
Field Tank Service TechnicianNisku, AB
Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Safest Employers, AFD Petroleum is looking for a Field Tank Service Technician for our Nisku, Alberta branch.
The Field Tank Service Instrumentation Technician is required to perform tank maintenance which includes, but is not limited to, mechanical and electrical work and assisting with inventory counts and replenishment. Regular service of vehicles and equipment is required. This position highly impacts other business functions that depend on the accuracy and effieciency of the work being completed.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare work orders and other necessary paperwork and documentation according to Company and customer requirements
- Accountable for maintaining service parts inventories in the assigned service Truck
- Repair, maintain, install, and trouble-shoot problems with mechanical and electronic equipment
- Maintaining a clean driving record and producing a drivers’ abstract upon request
- Meet scheduling and on-call requirements (service calls, customer service etc.)
- Ensure proper maintenance is conducted for Company tools, equipment and vehicles used
- Meet Company, Customer and Legislative safety standards (i.e. personal protective equipment, equipment/material handling etc.)
- Pipefitting of product lines
- Operating wheel loader
- Work with minimal supervision in remote locations alone and sometimes with no cell service
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
- Valid Class 5 driver license and clean drivers abstract
- Working in all weather conditions
- Available for on call field service 24/7 if required
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required
- Strong problem-solving ability, particularly relevant in managing customer concerns
- Must be able to work in a demanding environment, and enjoy learning new concepts and products
- Execllent communication ability, time management and organizational skills
- Hands-on experience or strong familiarity with Petroleum Handling Equipment
Knowledge & Skills that would be an asset
- Welding structure and low pressure product piping
- Winch truck operation for moving equipment around
- Strong electronics background
- Strong computer skills
- Inventory controlling background
- Pipe fitting
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large
- Competing priorities with medium control over individual priorities
- Sitting, standing and walking
- Moderate levels of considerable mental concentration
- Repetitive work
- Overtime may be required
If you are ready for this challenge, we welcome your application. Please apply directly to the website or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- WHMIS - Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
AFD considers all applicants and will provide any necessary training for new employees, however preference may be given to candidates who currently hold the required certifications.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.
u Apply Online